Friday, January 4, 2013

Hello 2013

I was quite glad to say "goodbye" to 2011 but I'm not as quick to say goodbye to 2012. God has been so gracious and given us so many blessings in the past 12 months. There has been a lot of healing this year. When we found out we were pregnant again and when the due date was so close to Baby H's, the hormonal pregnant lady didn't really know how to feel. I prayed so hard that this pregnancy would be healthy and this baby would grow strong. Even through the news that our girl had VSDs, tears on her heart muscle, God was sovereign and faithfully He calmed our fears when the tears were healed. This pregnancy was different. God had a plan.

Each step and each appointment was filled with images and news of our girl. This was God healing another wound that was still exposed, that may not have healed completely. Don't get me wrong, sometimes when I look out the window at our Magnolia tree, washing dishes I am right there in the delivery room again. But now I feel happy, not sad when I think about that day. 

The ultimate healing was... November 15th, Brynn's birthday. This day was the first due date we were given for Baby H. God is good. He knows exactly what we each need and what better healing than a second child, a beautiful healthy baby girl. So now each year, while remembering Baby H we will be celebrating the birth of sweet Brynn.


My biggest blessings.

 Our New Year's Eve Family Date

Daddy had to work, but he didn't leave us hanging on New Year's Eve. The 3 of us went out to eat at Abuelo's and me and my mister doted over our girl and talked about our highs and lows. We both decided that 2013 will be our year. We have so much to be thankful for.

A growing family of our own, a home that we can call our own and where Brynn can grow in, both of our families who live in the same town who can visit anytime, our health, stable jobs where we can each make a difference, amazing friends, a home group full of prayer warriors where we feel like we can be ourselves, a country where we can worship our Lord freely and love for one another. 

Yes, there are hard times and there will continue to be, but I am so thankful for this man to lean on in those times. 

Yes, I do believe 2013 will bring hard times but the blessings will always weigh out the hard. We just have to look hard enough.

This is my favorite part in one of my current favorite movies... so pretty. 
Did you cry or is it just me?


No comments:

Post a Comment