Sunday, September 30, 2012

31 Weeks


How far along? 31 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Maternity... This weekend has finally cooled off a bit. I tried not to jinx it and haven't broken out the boots yet. But this mama is excited for some cooler temps. Last week was a scorcher.
Stretch marks? Nope. Hopefully none in the last few weeks.
Sleep:The charlie horses have been sticking around. Only in the right calf, so weird. I'm sure it has to do with sleeping on my side. This past week I have been sleeping a lot lighter than usual. Still getting the hours that I need but I feel aware of everything, and hear every sound. This REM cycle makes for some weird dreams. I had a dream she came early, and we weren't ready at all. Freaked myself out a bit.
Miss Anything?  Crossfitting. This Saturday I went to the Saturday class, and it might have been my last until she comes. The squat thrust deadlifts were a bit much with the running for this 31 week belly. I am hoping the cooler weather sticks around and I can start taking the pup for nightly walks. Stay away West Nile...
Movement: This girl is still a mover. She has a lot less room to kick around but I can feel her switching positions, turning and twisting. Her feet are usually on the right side of my belly. I felt the bottom of her foot and pushed on it, she gave me a swift kick back.
Food cravings: Still lots of water! And still loving the La Crouix soda water. I love the bubbly carbonation without the sugar of soda. Soup has been on my mind a lot this week. Soup and salad combos. I think I had Chili's chicken enchilada soup 2 times this past week and have my own batch in the crockpot right now. Hopefully just as good.
Anything making you queasy or sick:My appetite has been kind of blah... recently brushing my teeth has been making me sick, to the point where on an empty stomach I have thrown up once. So weird.
Gender:  All girl :)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks Contractions.A lot of tightening throughout the day. Tom's reaction... "What the heck is she doing in there?" I wish so badly he could feel all of these crazy movements. The pregnancy brain! So forgetful.

True Story: This morning I went to the store for some breakfast and put my phone on the trunk of my car with a coupon. I moved a few things from the car into the garage and then hopped back in the car, drove to Tom Thumb 2 miles away, shopped, drove home and then saw it. The phone and the coupon were still on the trunk. Thank goodness for the spoiler and no erratic turns. My brand new Iphone was still intact. This mama would have been VERY sad with no phone insurance. Pregnancy brain at its finest... 

Belly Button in or out? In- but my belly button has been sore this week. I asked my doctor when and if she thought my belly button would pop out she said I have a pretty deep button and it may just pop even with the belly and not stick out.
Wedding rings on or off? On, so glad about this.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and a little anxious. I am praying big prayers for this anxiety. It is everything; are we really ready? school, my long term sub, my students, me, Tom and on and on it goes. I am trying to rest in God's peace and plan for our girl.
Best moment this week: I went to 2 baby showers for sweet, sweet friends of mine. We are all 3 due within a week of each other. One of the girls has been on my journey with me from the very beginning and we attended Hopeful Hearts together. We have been in the same Home Group and shared in our joys and sorrows together. It was so special to celebrate this joyful time with her.
Looking forward to:This next weekend our friends at Grapevine Crossfit are throwing us our first shower. It's so amazing to think we have so many friends that want to share in our joy with us. I cannot wait to meet our baby girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment