Monday, September 24, 2012

30 Weeks



How far along? 30 Weeks... yikes I think it has finally hit me that this is actually happening.
Maternity clothes? Maternity... the warmer weather has stuck around a little longer than appreciated so I have been living in maxi dresses and skirts for work. I still need to get some pants to hold me through my maternity leave.
Stretch marks? Nope. Hopefully none in the last few weeks.
Sleep: I have been so lucky the 3rd trimester. I hear horror stories about women who cannot sleep longer than 3 hour stretches and have to move somewhere to sleep sitting up. This is not the case for me. I may have two classes of 25 kindergartners to thank for this. I have been sleeping through the night. I still wake running for the bathroom and not to mention with AWFUL charlie horses in my right leg. Never the left, always the right. Its bad folks.
Miss Anything?  Crossfitting. This past weekend watching Mr H work out got me itching again. I have been trying to go on Saturdays to get in a WOD when I can, but during the week its all I can do to drag myself off the couch to make dinner after a long, long school day.
Movement: The kicks seem to be slowing down a bit but she seems to be shifting more instead of kicking. This stomach is stretching to the max so I can't think there is that much more room in there so she's probably just trying to get comfortable. When the kicks happen though, phew they are strong. She is always sitting booty up beneath my right rib making sitting for too long quite uncomfortable.
Food cravings: Still lots of water! And still loving the La Crouix soda water, a great alternative to Dr Peppers. I have gone back to craving anything mexican! This girl loves the spices which makes for a mean case of heartburn. Bring on the TUMS. They are never far from reach!
Anything making you queasy or sick: Meat has not been my friend. I have been trying to get creative on the seasoning to grab my attention. The only thing that works is the spicy Mexican food combo.
Gender:  Still my sweet girl :)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks Contractions. I am feeling the tummy tighten throughout the day, its crazy. I think that if anyone was staring at my belly for a minute or so, this girl would put on a show. I am wondering how much more this belly can stretch.
Belly Button in or out? In- but my belly button has been sore this week. I asked my doctor when and if she thought my belly button would pop out she said I have a pretty deep button and it may just pop even with the belly and not stick out.
Wedding rings on or off? On, so glad about this.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and a little anxious. I don't know if I would use the word stressed but this was the first week that it hit me, she could come early. What if she comes way early?!? What if we aren't ready... I am trusting in the Lord and His plan for her delivery. Her birth story will be perfect. I am praying for peace in this. We are SO, SO happy to meet our baby girl. 
Best moment this week: Spending some quality time with Baby B's daddy and seeing the beautiful handcrafted changing table my dad and Mr. H made for our girl. Such a special gift.
Looking forward to: We have our first shower in 2 weeks, and the 2 weekends following that. I am so excited to celebrate this baby girl with our family and friends. We will be taking our maternity pictures this month too. October will be a good month... come on cool weather.
Love y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment