Thursday, September 20, 2012

Falling in Love with Fall

So quickly this blog has turned into a weekly pregnancy update. Not at all what I wanted. But other things have taken the forefront of life. Big somethings.... baby girl! And a not so exciting school year. Pretty soon I will have pictures of chubby baby legs and sweet little monkey toes, oh I can't wait! But for now I will interrupt the weekly belly updates with a few of my favorite things this week. 
The cooler weather is finally here. Well by cooler I mean, not 100. It is amazing how different 10 degrees feel in the afternoon. Especially for this pregnant mama. 30 weeks pregnant is adding some MAJOR body heat. With the windows open I was inspired to decorate for Fall. We are in full fall swing her in our house. Oh yeah; fall plugins, roasted marshmallow scentsy, orange sprays over each surface and we even tried snickerdoodle bars last week. The best thing about Fall, other than our decorations, is that this sweet baby will be making her appearance in less than 10 weeks. Full Fall Celebration here folks.
 With all the yummy fall recipes on Pinterest my sweet tooth has grown, well maybe its the hormones too. I've been itching to try this recipe for Chai Spice Cookies featuring these bad boys. That's right... Pumpkin Spice Hersey Kisses! Hitting up the local Walmart I saw them and bought 2 bags. Well I had high hopes to try the cookies but so far, we are one bag down and they are still in a bowl on our counter. Leaving lots of opportunities for a drive by snacking. 
 We are in full "stash away every penny for baby mode" in our house. I pulled out one of the many polish colors I have for fall and gave myself a home mani. I am way more fond of fall/winter polishes than the bright hues. I cannot wait for the Nail Painting Parties of the future but I think we will stick to the pretty pinks for those little piggies.
 These past 2 weeks have been amazing having Mr. H on a "normal" 8-5 schedule. We have been doing a lot of... well laying around honestly. We had scheduled a Maternity photo shoot for the past Sunday afternoon. I had been scrolling through Pinterest for weeks pinning maternity poses (Seriously, what did we do before Pinterest) Anyways, I guess there were different plans for us because Sunday was a cloudy, rainy day! Not very compatible with the outdoor poses I had pinned. Well, the photo shoot has been postponed for now but we have had fun working on some fun props for Baby B! 

Here is part of her name banner. Oh yeah, her name starts with a B :)
Kali girl is patiently waiting for her little sister to arrive. Now that the nursery door is open, she has been dreaming of the upcoming months. Being a big sister is a big job, I don't think she knows what she's in for. I cannot wait to see how Kali loves on Baby B. They will be the best of friends!
Every few days I get this text from my mom: "I may have bought 2 cute somethings for Baby B today :)" I don't know who is more excited... me or her. She is going to be the best grandma! (More on that later) So after a long day at work I walk in to pick up Kali and there is this adorable swimsuit for our girl. Oh my ruffles! How cute is this? I can just imagine the little michelin rolls in this puppy! I cannot believe when our girl can wear this next summer she will be 6 or 7 months old. I love sweet surprises.
After this weekend Mr H goes back to his vampire sleeping schedule, so we will be soaking up every second of Saturday and Sunday. I have been thankful for the nightly cuddles and sleeping buddy but after almost 3 years on the midnight shift, we are looking forward to our "normal" starting again.

1 comment:

  1. LOVING all of this fun Baby Girl anticipation!!! Just can't wait to see those rolls and little pink piggies up on the blog in a couple months! =) Hugs to the three of you!

    ReplyDelete