Sunday, September 23, 2012

Weekend Wrap Up


After a long, long week at school this weekend was exactly what I needed. Like I mentioned, my officer has been on an 8-5 (normal people) schedule for the past two weeks in a special training program. So our goal for this weekend was live up the last 2 days with him being home. 

Saturday morning Mr. H competed in a paired team Crossfit competition at his local gym. I was the nervous, nail biting pregnant wife on the sidelines and have never been more proud of my husband. Watching him sling around hundreds of pounds like a feather makes me feel so safe in knowing he is physically capable of protecting our growing family. 

 Mr. H and his partner Ahmeed won 2nd place in their age group. My dad and I had a blast cheering them on. Sitting on the sidelines I got the itch and I am looking forward to jumping back in, full swing, after Baby B is here.


Running on little sleep and with muscles aching my man was a trooper. I am a movie fanatic! And my man knew I needed a night out. And in almost 9 short weeks our nights out will be fewer and further between. We headed out for dinner and movie for a double date with our good friends. Dinner was delicious and on a full stomach we went to see End of Watch, the new police movie. Oh the tears! Got a little real for me at the end, but I have never been more proud of my officer. 


This proud daddy has been sneaking away to my parents house for the past few weekends to work on a surprise for me. My dad has been teaching him some woodworking skills. Surprised I was coming home from the grocery store to find this dark beauty...
A handcrafted changing table. Be still my heart!

 I love it! Its dark wood will match perfectly in our bedroom or living room. We wanted to put a second changing table in the back half of the house so we wouldn't be walking back and forth to her room in the front hall. It makes it even more special that it was made by Baby B's daddy and grandpa. It's perfect! :) 

Yes. This weekend was just what the doctor ordered! Pure bliss.

1 comment: