Monday, May 16, 2011

Hallelujah and Pass the Spoon

I got the best email tonight on our my home from Crossfit tonight! We are FULLY APPROVED for our loan to purchase our first home! This was such a huge weight lifted off our shoulders. We have spent the past few weeks sending document after document to our lender. I mean everything you can think of. I really wouldn't have been surprised if they asked for a pee sample from the both of us.. TMI? But no more. We are literally just "twiddling our thumbs" until Friday, our closing day as our realtor told us. And I can think of nothing I would rather be doing.

I stopped at the store on the way home and then rushed home and impatiently waited for my husband to come home so I could tell him the news. I looked like Kali's twin waiting by the glass door, wagging my tail in anticipation. I barely waited for him to walk in the door before jumping up and down sharing our news!


Let the celebration begin...
Yes we celebrate big in our home... coconut milk ice cream out of a plastic gladware with plastic spoons. (My mom and I got overzealous and packed away the entire kitchen so we are left eating off paper plates with plastic utensils).

This is what Pure Joy looks like. (Well and weeks of stress, packing and pregnancy at 8 pm) It was the perfect way to celebrate! :)



I dislike the above picture for two reasons: 1. You can see the abscence of my widows peak where my hair never grew back after a freak accident in 5th grade. (We can save that story for another day) and 2. You can see our hideous cabinets of our current residence. Which leads me to my next reason...


11 Days until we Move: Reason 11 Why I am Stoked to Move

The Kitchen

If you look closely you are able to see kitchen cabinets in our current rental house. These babies were my nemesis upon our move in. Our landlord did a quick once over cleaning for our debut and obviously neglected the cabinets and the previous tenants must have fried everything because I was left with off white cabinets from the 70s Brady House covered in a yellow grease/ grime. My sister was a saint those first two nights painting cabinet door after door with new white paint. Don't worry she left me to do the dirty scrubbing and I treated her to a chick flick teeny bopper marathon. Even after their extreme maker the kitchen was never what I wanted it to be. So I am very excited to move into a home with this gorgeous heart.


Welcome to our new kitchen...
Sure the kitchen may need some TLC and a few modern updates but the abscence of grease stains and Brady-licious cabinets fire me up! Carol Brady eat your heart out. 11 more days; so close but still so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment