Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to my sweet mom. She is my best friend. I feel so blessed to be raised in here love, her kindness and unconditional support. I was lucky enough to be with her and help her celebrate on her special day.

I remember so many memories of my mom growing up. She always encouraged the sister and I's creativity. For hours upon hours we would play Barbie's creating these fantasy worlds for those plastic beauties. We would use the stairs in our house to create multilevel mansions for our dolls and even when the time came to shut the night down, my mom would not make us clean up the 14 story houses...even if it meant stepping on a few pointy stilettos while walking down the stairs in the morning.

There were a few questionable moments too. Like when days before moving to the great state of Texas my mom took me to the salon to get an early 90's Dorthy Hammel chili bowl/bob hair cut. After moving to Texas and being excepted in all my hair glory I attended my first birthday party and the grandmother there said, "Aw what a cute little boy..." To this day she tells me I asked for that cut. Sure....

Chili bowl and all- my mom is the best and I will consider myself lucky if Baby H one day looks at me like the way I look at my mom. She is my world. I love you mom! :) Happy Mother's Day.

P.S. Baby H- I will never give you a chili bowl! Just kidding mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment